Ready to learn and implement better money habits?
We are excited to announce that we will be partnering again this year with College Money Habits Founder Obioha Okereke! In celebration of Financial Literacy Month in April, we will be offering one virtual workshop & launching our first ever financial education cohort program.
Generational Wealth Workshop
Join us for a 2-hour online virtual workshop to explore steps towards building generational wealth on Saturday, April 8 from 10 AM – 12 PM. This workshop will be led by College Money Habits Founder Obioha Okere and Rare Bird Money Founder Ainjel McDonald. Topics covered in this session include opening a Roth IRA or a High Yield Savings Account; common barriers to wealth creation; creating a wealth-minded family; and best practices around life insurance, wills, and debt.
Everyone is welcome! Register Today
Note: Gift cards will not be given for attending this workshop.
Financial Education Cohort Program
In partnership with College Money Habits Founder Obioha Okereke, we will be launching our first ever financial education cohort program. This will be cohesive program limited to a cohort of 50 participants, where individuals will have the opportunity to learn and implement essential personal financial tools and practices through a five-part series of virtual financial education classes from April through June 2023.
The five-part series will include the following virtual sessions:
- Saturday, April 8, 10 AM – 12 PM – Generational Wealth Workshop
- Saturday, April 22, 10 AM – 11:30 AM – Fundamentals of Personal Finance
- Saturday, May 13, 10 AM – 11:30 AM – Investing 101: Getting Started
- Saturday, June 3, 10 AM – 11:30 AM – Homeownership Panel
- Saturday, June 10, 10 AM – 11 AM – Financial Education Cohort Celebration
To be a cohort participant and to be eligible for a $150 gift card, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Attend at least 4 out of the 5 sessions
- Complete a pre-course survey and post-course survey
- Participate in a discovery call and one-hour 1:1 personal finance coaching session with College Money Habits Founder Obioha Okereke in April, May and/or June.
For more information on how to join the cohort, please register through this online form.