We can help you with rent.
Byrd Barr Place is committed to preventing homelessness in Seattle. We can help you avoid eviction with temporary rental assistance or connect you to housing resources. We partner with many local housing organizations offering temporary, transitional, and permanent affordable housing.
About the program
If you have fallen behind on your rent and are facing eviction, we may be able to help. People eligible for our Energy Assistance Program may also qualify for our Rental Assistance Program.
Are you eligible?
To find out if you are eligible, please call 206-812-4940 to speak with a Byrd Barr Place representative.
Other helpful links and housing assistance organizations.
- Affordable Housing is a nonprofit organization that advertises subsidized and rent-restricted affordable apartment communities throughout Washington State.
- Capitol Hill Housing provides affordable housing to families, immigrants, seniors and those who have recently become homeless.
- Low Income Housing Institute operates housing for low-income, homeless and formerly homeless people in Washington State.
- Plymouth Housing Group provides permanent, supportive housing for single adults 18 years or older who are homeless or have income less than 30% of local median income.
- Seattle Housing Authority provides long-term rental housing and rental assistance to individuals and families.
- Student Renter’s Guide is tailored to students who are first-time renters.
- College Housing Guide helps new students navigate housing options.