We are now accepting Rental Assistance Applications.
About the Program
Byrd Barr Place is committed to preventing homelessness in Seattle. We can help you avoid eviction with temporary rental assistance or connect you to housing resources. We partner with many local housing organizations offering temporary, transitional, and permanent affordable housing.
- Byrd Barr Place has limited funds for Rental Assistance.
- Applying does not guarantee Rental Assistance.
- Your landlord’s acceptance of and collaboration with Rental Assistance is required.
- To qualify for Rental Assistance, you must be eligible for the LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program. Learn more about the Energy Assistance Program here.
- As of April 13, 2020, Rental Assistance payments will be delayed due to Seattle’s eviction ban.
- Byrd Barr Place is hoping to prevent problems down the road for you by accepting Rental Assistance applications while the eviction ban is still active.
- If you do not currently have an eviction notice but expect one after the eviction ban, Byrd Barr Place is happy to work with your landlord to get the required documents.”
Are you eligible?
To find out if you are eligible, please call 206-812-4940 to speak with a Byrd Barr Place representative or fill out the online application.
Other helpful links and housing assistance organizations.
- Affordable Housing is a nonprofit organization that advertises subsidized and rent-restricted affordable apartment communities throughout Washington State.
- Capitol Hill Housing provides affordable housing to families, immigrants, seniors and those who have recently become homeless.
- Low Income Housing Institute operates housing for low-income, homeless and formerly homeless people in Washington State.
- Plymouth Housing Group provides permanent, supportive housing for single adults 18 years or older who are homeless or have income less than 30% of local median income.
- Seattle Housing Authority provides long-term rental housing and rental assistance to individuals and families.
- Student Renter’s Guide is tailored to students who are first-time renters.
- College Housing Guide helps new students navigate housing options.