NOTICE: Byrd Barr Place is not currently scheduling appointments for Energy Assistance until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Option 1 – Apply online
You can now submit a secure online application, upload documents, and check the status of your application through our website. All information is confidential and will only be used to deem eligibility for Byrd Barr Place’s Energy Assistance Programs.
Option 2 – Request an application be sent to you
You may request an application by calling 206-812-4940 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
An emergency situation is defined as receiving a 10-day shut off notice, final notice, 24-hour shut off notice, or if you are currently disconnected from your heating provider or out of fuel.
- Contact your utility immediately to notify them you are applying for assistance.
- If you are a Puget Sound Energy customer and you are disconnected, you must call PSE to get a new account number before applying. Please call 1-888-225-5773.
- Call the appointment line to see if you can get an appointment the same day.
- If no appointments are available, make copies of all of the required documents listed in Required Documents. You must bring the most recent copy of your shut off notice to expedite processing.
- Bring copies of your required documents to Byrd Barr Place between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday. You will complete the application in-person.
- Byrd Barr Place will send a pledge to pay the utility after your application is processed (within 1 to 2 business days), which places a hold on the account. (Payment support must cover at least 50% of the current balance owed for a re-connection or to prevent a shut off in the future. You are responsible for the balance on your account.)
- If Byrd Barr Place has not contacted you within 2 days of receiving your application, please contact us to find out your payment support amount and next steps.
- Continue to pay your bills and make payment arrangements if you have a balance on your account.
*Please note: Byrd Barr Place DOES NOT accept faxed applications
Once you have determined how you will apply, please visit our Required Documents page for information on preparing your application.
Click here to find out if you are eligible.
How to Apply
Click here for information on how to apply.
Click here to know what to include with your application.
After You Apply
Click here to find out what to do after you submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for additional information on our Energy Assistance Program.
Announcing our new online application process for Energy Assistance. For the best experience, please use a smartphone or tablet.