NOTICE: Byrd Barr Place is NOT currently scheduling appointments for Energy Assistance until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Option 1 – Schedule an in-person appointment by calling 206-486-6828.
New appointments are added on the first business day of the week (usually Mondays) at 8 am. Please keep in mind that we serve nearly 10,000 households each year, all trying to receive help, so it may take several attempts before you can schedule an appointment. If you do not want to wait for an appointment to become available, you can call 206-812-4940 to request an application be mailed to you.
Option 2 – Schedule an in-person appointment online.
Click here to go to our online scheduling system.
Option 3 – Request an application be sent to you by mail.
You may request an application by calling 206-812-4940 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
An emergency situation is defined as receiving a 10-day shut off notice, final notice, 24-hour shut off notice, or if you are currently disconnected from your heating provider or out of fuel.
- Contact your utility immediately to notify them you are applying for assistance.
- If you are a Puget Sound Energy customer and you are disconnected, you must call PSE to get a new account number before applying. Please call 1-888-225-5773.
- Call the appointment line to see if you can get an appointment the same day.
- If no appointments are available, make copies of all of the required documents listed in Required Documents. You must bring the most recent copy of your shut off notice to expedite processing.
- Bring copies of your required documents to Byrd Barr Place between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday. You will complete the application in-person.
- Byrd Barr Place will send a pledge to pay the utility after your application is processed (within 1 to 2 business days), which places a hold on the account. (Payment support must cover at least 50% of the current balance owed for a re-connection or to prevent a shut off in the future. You are responsible for the balance on your account.)
- If Byrd Barr Place has not contacted you within 2 days of receiving your application, please contact us to find out your payment support amount and next steps.
- Continue to pay your bills and make payment arrangements if you have a balance on your account.
*Please note: Byrd Barr Place DOES NOT accept faxed applications
Once you have determined how you will apply, please visit our Required Documents page for information on preparing your application.
Click here to find out if you are eligible.
How to Apply
Click here for information on how to apply.
Click here to know what to include with your application.
After You Apply
Click here to find out what to do after you submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for additional information on our Energy Assistance Program.
Announcing our new online application process for Energy Assistance. For the best experience, please use a smartphone or tablet.