Once you complete and submit your application, it will be processed in the order it was received. If a submitted application is incomplete, we will contact you or request you make an appointment. You will have 10 business days to provide missing documents once we have contacted you.
After your application is processed please do the following:
• Follow up with your utility service provider:
Seattle City Light 206-684-3000
Puget Sound Energy 1-888-225-5773
• If you require additional assistance for a disconnect or urgent notice, please call SCL ELIA/Project Share at 206-684-3688 or visit http://www.seattle.gov/light/assistance/assistance.asp for more information.
• If your service is shut off, set up a time for reconnection with your utility. You may be charged a reconnection fee and may still need to pay the balance on your old account if it is closed.
• If you are a Seattle City Light customer, ask about the Utility Discount Program at 206-684-3417.
• Find out how much you owe and set up payment arrangements if needed.
• Continue to make payments to avoid a shut off. You are still responsible for any balance or future payments once the grant is applied to your account. As long as you owe money, you will continue to receive notices until it is paid. You must pay 50% of what you owe (the payment support is included) to prevent a shut off (or reconnect your service).
• Call the appointment line or go online to check your grant amount. You can print your payment support letter from our website.
• Wait for the payment to be applied to your account. It can take up to in 8 weeks. Keep making payments.
• If you have gas, contact us about applying for PSE HELP, a gas assistance program, or call 2-1-1 for more resources.
For additional information please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Click here to find out if you are eligible.
How to Apply
Click here for information on how to apply.
Click here to know what to include with your application.
After You Apply
Click here to find out what to do after you submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for additional information on our Energy Assistance Program.
Announcing our new online application process for Energy Assistance. For the best experience, please use a smartphone or tablet.